This is a technical hands-on role in a dynamic and growing environment. You’ll be working with various applications and system owners to detect and report security vulnerabilities, drive remediations, maintain and grow our security infrastructure and continuously optimize our processes. Provide technician-level support to the cybersecurity operations staff in resolving complex cybersecurity issues as requested. Identify non-compliant system settings, exploitable threats, and other system vulnerabilities. Author and deliver technical documentation including test plans, test procedures, technical white papers, and test reports.
Use industry accepted tools to collect and aggregate cybersecurity data for use in identifying non-compliant system settings, exploitable threats, and other system vulnerabilities. Communicate with system developers to further understanding of cybersecurity concepts and implemented controls. Provide the collected data to Security Engineers in support of their assessment of system cybersecurity posture and support the cybersecurity operations staff in resolving complex cybersecurity issues as requested. Write and peer-review cybersecurity test plans and detailed test procedures that include step-by-step instructions for using advanced cybersecurity tools. Enhance cybersecurity testing processes and procedures through feedback and implementation. Report on all cybersecurity program activities to upper management as requested. Travel: approximately 10%
A quick snapshot of what you will spend your day doing
- Designs, implements, maintains and operates information system security controls and processes
- Monitors information systems for security vulnerabilities; develops and optimizes visibility capabilities; reports on incidents, vulnerabilities, and trends.
- Drive the core objectives and principles of the vulnerability management program across Twilio business units as a Subject Matter Expert and primary contact.
- Interact extensively across all functional teams.
- Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and integrity.
What you should bring to the table
- 2+ years working in a hands-on Security Operations, Network Security, Infrastructure Security, Vulnerability Management or IT Security role, preferably within a technology company, and more preferably a PaaS or SaaS environment
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of common enterprise security tools and technology solutions
- Solid experience with the Linux/Unix and MacOS command-line tools
- Solid understanding of Networking fundamentals, DNS, firewalls, proxies, WAFs, SIEM, antivirus, and IDS/IPS, etc.
- A passion for problem-solving and addressing the complexities of the Information Security field
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with engineers and managers across cross-functional teams
Stand out from the crowd with any of these preferred Certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (CISSP-ISSEP)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Security Analyst (ECSA)
- Certified Incident Handler (ECIH)
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CSA+)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Cisco CCNA
- Cisco CCNP + Security
What we are committed to giving you:
- Competitive compensation
- Dedicated professional coach through your on-boarding process
- Strong culture and a work environment to suit your style!